I saw this delicious roasted red pepper recipe from Epicurious the other day. Lets just say I couldn’t resist making it right away. So it found my way to my Sunday table this past week. It did not disappoint! I left out the anchovies because I wasn’t sure if my kids would frown upon it if they knew it was in there. I’m sure it just melts into the dish and would probably go unnoticed adding another layer of in-depth flavor.
This is definitely going to be on my Easter table this year! It was soooo good! Let me know if you give it a try. I copied the recipe directly from Epicurious so you can enjoy it. Bon Appetit!
Roasted Red Peppers with Cherry Tomatoes & Ricotta
- 4 red bell peppers halved, seeds and ribs removed
- 6 oil-packed anchovy fillets finely chopped (I left it out)
- 4 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 cup basil leaves divided
- Kosher salt freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved (I used mixed color)
- 1/3 cup fresh ricotta (I used about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup pitted small black and/or green olives
- Flaky sea salt
Preheat oven to 375°F. Place bell peppers, skin side down, in a shallow baking dish and top with anchovies and garlic. Tear 1/4 cup basil leaves over top, season with kosher salt and black pepper, and drizzle with 2 Tbsp. oil. Bake until peppers are tender but still hold their shape and are slightly charred around edges, 35–45 minutes. Let cool.
Meanwhile, blend remaining 3/4 cup basil and remaining 1/3 cup oil in a blender until smooth; season basil oil with kosher salt and black pepper.
Arrange bell peppers on a platter. Top with tomatoes, ricotta, olives, and more basil, then drizzle with basil oil and season with sea salt and black pepper.