It’s more important than ever to be boosting your health right now.
It’s not the time for fueling up on sugar, flour or anything inflammatory to your body.
Inflammation IS the pre-cursor to disease developing in your body.
But right now, during the Covid-19 pandemic our only defense is our own immune system.
We need to fuel our bodies with foods that help us not hurt us especially now.
Our emotional health also has a lot to do with how we fight disease. Right now our stress level might be a bit high to say the least. Learning to process negative emotion is key to handling stress in our bodies. I just wrote another blog post on Why It’s Good to Feel Bad here which is an important part of being healthy.
When the emotional body and/or spiritual body is out of balance disease develops because often we suppress our emotions throughout our life. It then might show up as a diseased condition but it didn’t begin at the physical realm. The thought or emotion that triggered the condition to develop began in an environment that moves much faster; the world of emotion and spirit. Learning to process emotions is the key to balance your emotional body.
But in this blog post, I want to talk about boosting your immune system through food and natural ways.
We need our own strength to give it a fighting chance not just now but as we age.
I think this is also a wake up call for a lot of people in our country and now realizing how much we need our health in a time like this. The last 10 years we definitely have grown in this area that our food we eat affects our health. Yet, the United States still has a growing problem of unhealthy individuals that could be reversible should they just change their daily eating habits.
Here’s 21 ingredients that you should include in your recipes that will help keep your health up:
- garlic (chop and let sit for 10 minutes so beneficial chemicals to release)
- greens/veggies (kale, spinach, romaine, broccoli, artichoke, arugula, asparagus, swiss chard, collards, broccoli rabe, cauliflower, (colored peppers, eggplant, tomato – night shades and in some, not all, individuals cause inflammation), etc.
- organic stocks (grass-fed beef, chicken, veggie)
- brazil nuts
- wild fish (i.e. salmon)
- whole grains (if tolerated)
- citrus fruits
Here’s some herbs that can help support your lungs and/or immunity:
- mullein leaf (make into a tea along with schisandra berries for a support to your lungs) (delish!)
- astragalus (adaptogen to help support your lungs)
- ashwaganda (adaptogen to help support stress in your body)
- herbal teas such as green tea, echinacea, lemon balm, elderberry, passion tea, etc.
You don’t see anything in a box, nothing has a label.
They are just natural whole foods.
When clients ask me what they should eat, it always starts with whole foods they like to eat and start to crowd out the unhealthy foods, start adding in more vegetables and build from there. You slowly crowd out the unhealthy foods.
I’m a certified life and holistic health coach, if you need help around navigating and making sense out of your problems or want to get healthy or lose weight, now is always better than tomorrow to start working on making your life the best it could be. I offer free 20 minute mini-sessions. Contact me to get a link to my calendar. I can’t wait to help you!