This has been my go-to breakfast lately! Who knew breakfast could be so creamy but delicious, healthy and satisfying while being dairy-free! I have been really enjoying this! It all started when I was cleansing a few weeks ago and decided to have this over a smoothie. Smoothies in the morning are great especially on the days I chef. However, I become “smoothied-out” sometimes especially after years of drinking smoothies. Plus there is something to be said about chewing your food. Digestion starts in the mouth when you chew your food. The enzymes amylase and lipase are released which starts the digestion process.
When you are eating healthy you just feel better, think better, move better and your body runs better! Try this delicious and satisfying breakfast it’s so light and refreshing as well as gluten-free and dairy-free! Berries are packed with antioxidants and lower on the Glycemic Index! Ideally fruit should be eaten alone so another plus to have this first thing in the morning.
- 2+ cups of berries (strawberries, black berries, blue berries)
- 1 ripe banana (divided)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked in hot water for 1/2 hour or more)
- 1/2 cup+ coconut milk or almond milk (no carrageenan) (add more depending on consistency)
- 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract
- handful slivered almonds
- chia seed (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- Place mixed berries in a bowl and slice up 1/2 of banana. Blend the other 1/2 banana, coconut milk or almond milk, vanilla extract and cashews together until creamy smooth.
- Pour cream over fruit and top with slivered almonds. Add cinnamon and chia seeds if desired.